There are three webcasts included in this training module that demonstrate teaching strategies and adaptive devices used to provide students with visual impairments access to printed content.
By viewing this tutorial, participants will:
- Get an overview of modalities for accessing printed material, including braille, tactile and recorded books
- Understand the importance of reading as a cultural and educational tool
- Learn the skills needed to prepare for learning braille
- Identify ways to adapt printed material for tactile learning, and teach tactile information processing strategies
- Learn differences between commercial text-reader and recording devices